The City of Mentor has been operating under its own Charter since January 1962 when voters adopted the Council-Manager form of government. Under this system, a seven-member council is elected by the voters on a non-partisan basis. Three members serve At-Large, while the remaining four are elected to represent each of the four Wards.
Every two years, Council chooses one of its own members to serve as President of Council.
Council is responsible for hiring a City Manager to oversee and direct all municipal operations.
Per City Charter, organizational meetings, which are held every two years, begin at 7:30 p.m.
2018 Meeting Schedule
- January 9 @ 7:30 PM
- February 6
- February 20
- March 6
- March 20
- April 3
- April 17
- May 1
- May 15
- June 5
- June 19
- July 3
- Summer Break
- August 21
- September 4
- September 18
- October 2
- October 16
- November 7 (Wednesday)
- November 20
- December 4
- January 2, 2019 (Wednesday)
- Mentor City Council Work Session RVG/PUD Districts – March 20, 2018, 6 PM
- Mentor City Council Agenda Results – March 20, 2018
- Mentor Council March 20, 2018 – Packet 1 of 1
- Mentor City Council March 6, 2018 Work Session – Minutes
- Mentor Council March 6, 2018 Regular Mtg – Minutes
- ADDENDUM Mentor City Council Agenda Results – March 20, 2018
- ADDENDUM Mentor City Council March 20, 2018 – Packet
- No Committee Meetings scheduled
Meetings are open to the public and are broadcast live on the Mentor Channel, Spectrum 1024, U-Verse 99, and on our App available for ROKU, Apple, and Android.
Meetings are rebroadcast numerous times throughout the following week.
Meetings are also archived so that you can view them at your convenience. Access our Video on Demand feature.
Current City Council Members
The Law Director is appointed by City Council and is an attorney-at-law, admitted to the practice of law in the State of Ohio. The Law Director is the advisor to, and the attorney and counsel for, the City of Mentor and its officers and divisions. The Director and his staff are responsible for representing the city and for prosecutions for offenses against the ordinances of Mentor and the relevant laws of the State of Ohio. Contact the Law Director at email@example.com.