Another home caught fire overnight this week and once again, the results could have been tragic. An elderly resident on Edgewood Drive was rescued in the nick of time as the home was engulfed with thick deadly smoke.
The home had no working smoke detectors.
The Mentor Fire Department’s Resident Smoke Detector Program was developed to provide and install FREE SMOKE DETECTORS in the homes of senior citizens, those with physical disabilities, or those in financial need. The devices feature new photo-electric technology and a 10-year battery – and are made available through the generosity of the Firehouse Subs Smoke Detector Program and Mentor Lowe’s.
Don’t become a statistic. This is the third tragedy that has been narrowly averted in our community in just the past 18 months. If you do not have a working smoke detector, contact Mentor Fire today at (440) 974-5765 to learn more about this important, life-saving program.