This program is for senior citizens who are 85 and older or who need assistance to participate in programs at Mentor Senior Center. The Special Elders staff does not provide personal care or individual supervision, however. Participants in Special Elders must be independently mobile.
The Special Elders program takes place 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday – Friday at Mentor Senior Center. The program is funded jointly by United Way of Lake County, federal CDBG funding, the City of Mentor, and Lake County Senior Levy Funding. Transportation is available to the center through LakeTran, just ask our staff for more information.
Special Elders program includes
• Good times with friends – with the consistent company of other participants.
• Lunch every week day – Special Elders participants start their meals between 11 and 11:30 a.m.
• Transportation. LakeTran brings senior citizens to and from Mentor Senior Center activities. Seniors riding the bus can schedule so they will be at Mentor Senior Center for activities.
• Cards, Board Games, Bingo, Shuffleboard, Wii bowling and other fun games
• Time to share the highpoints of our lives.
• Shopping Trips on Tuesday (Great Lakes Mall) and Thursday (selected shopping venues). The Thursday trips include Special Elders staff support throughout the trip.
• Exercise designed chair exercise programs for seniors with some physical challenges Monday through Friday.
• Special Events including movies and monthly celebrations, speakers, parties, and special entertainment at various times during the year.
Call the Mentor Senior Center at (440) 974-5725 for more information.