This program is for senior citizens who need assistance to participate in programs at Mentor Senior Center. The Special Elders staff does not provide personal care or individual supervision, however. Participants in Special Elders must be independently mobile.
The Special Elders program takes place 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday – Friday at Mentor Senior Center. The program is funded jointly by United Way of Lake County, federal CDBG funding, the City of Mentor, and Lake County Senior Levy Funding. Transportation is available to the center through LakeTran, just ask our staff for more information.
Special Elders program includes
• Good times with friends – with the consistent company of other participants.
• Lunch every week day – Special Elders participants start their meals between 11 and 11:30 a.m.
• Transportation. LakeTran brings senior citizens to and from Mentor Senior Center activities. Seniors riding the bus can schedule so they will be at Mentor Senior Center for activities.
• Cards, Board Games, Bingo, Wii bowling and other fun games
• Time to share the highpoints of our lives.
• Shopping Trips on Thursday (selected shopping venues) which include Special Elders staff support throughout the trip.
• Chair exercise programs are designed for seniors with some physical challenges.
• Special Events including movies and monthly celebrations, speakers, parties, and special entertainment at various times during the year.
To enroll yourself or family member, please complete this Special Elder Enrollment Form detailing the type of assistance that is needed and call the center to schedule an appointment with the special elders staff to review enrollment form, get a tour and pay annual $20 Special Elders program registration fee.
Call the Mentor Senior Center at (440) 974-5725 for more information.