At Mentor Parks & Recreation Department, we’re always working on a new program, special event or fun family activity. Check this section often to find out what’s new, what’s coming up and when to mark your calendar for our next exciting activity.
Register for Summer Camps
Registration is underway! See all we have to offer!
Mentor Farmers Market
Fridays, June 5 – September 25 (No Market July 3), 2:30 – 6:30 p.m., Garfield Park
This fresh-produce, open market will move to the spacious and tree filled upper grounds of Garfield Park for the season. We are accepting vendors who grow their own produce and related products including baked goods, jams, jellies, honey, and vinegars and oils. No resellers permitted. Local artisans will also be accepted space permitting. Contact Marcey Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org. For detailed weekly information, visit the Farmers Market website. Mentor Farmers Market Promo (:30 video)
Free concerts at Civic Center Park Amphitheater. Tuesdays, June 23 – August 4 from 7 to 9 PM.
Bring a lawn chair or blanket. Click here for the 2015 Mentor Rocks schedule.
Saturday, July 25, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., Headlands Beach State Park
This is NOT your typical day at the beach. Bring your friends and family and join the City of Mentor for the largest free beach party of the year!
- Watch 3 World Champion sand sculptors create amazing sculptures as they compete for the grand prize
- Stroll and shop dozens of arts and crafts vendors
- Enjoy live beach music
- Watch beautiful performances by the Ohio Society For the Elevation of Kites
- Build sandcastles
- Create beach-related crafts
- Be amazed by the talented Jasmine Dragons acrobatic performers
- For kids – create beach-related craft projects or enjoy playing on inflatables
- Enjoy delicious food such as pizza, tacos, ice cream, BBQ and more a large selection of food trucks
Headland’s Beach Fest is a family-friendly celebration of wind, water and sand. The event is held rain or shine. Free admission and parking. Get the latest updates and information at www.HeadlandsBeachFest.com
Mentor Cruise In
Saturday, August 8, 10 a.m.- 4 p.m., Civic Center Park
Come and check out all the autos that cruise into Mentor! Enjoy music and refreshments while strolling the grounds and taking a look at the classic vehicles. No pets, alcohol, rollerblades or bicycles. Vehicles may set up beginning at 8 a.m. Musical entertainment and refreshments will be available. No rain date. $5 vehicle entry fee. For more information, call (440) 974-5735.
Doggie Dip Day
Saturday, August 22, 1 – 5 p.m., Civic Center Pool
Civic Center Pool will officially be going to the dogs! Bring your favorite four-legged pal for a dip and enjoy some good family fun! Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated, leashed when not in the pool, and owners must be prepared for clean up duty (we’ll have extra bags). You are welcome to bring dog toys. The cost is $3 per dog.
TWO Days – One BIG Event
Friday, August 28, 4 – 11 p.m. & Saturday, August 29, 12 – 11 p.m.
Mark your calendar for the biggest two-day event in northeast Ohio! More than 25,000 people attended this family-oriented, active event last year. We’re working to bring exciting features to this year’s festival. This is what we’ve got planned so far:
- Two stages with nonstop entertainment. Headliners include The Spazmatics (Friday) and Cleveland’s Breakfast Club (Saturday)
- Inflatables, interactive games for kids and adults
- Huge assortment of delicious foods from more than 20 vendors
- Expanded beer and wine gardens with beer and wine tasting events
- Mid-way games run by local non-profits
- Fun family activities scheduled all festival long
- And much, much more!
Want to get involved? Contact Nick Standering at email@example.com. Interested in sponsorship opportunities? Contact Jill Korsok at firstname.lastname@example.org. Get the latest updates and information at www.MentorCityFest.com