The City of Mentor employs over 500 individuals in full and part-time positions. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees.
HIRING STATUS OF RECENTLY POSTED POSITIONS:
Part-Time Maintenance Aide - All applications are currently being reviewed.
Full-Time Maintenance Worker – Currently interviewing selected applicants.
Part-Time Office Assistant – Interviews are being scheduled for selected candidates.
Full-Time Emergency Dispatcher – All applications are currently being reviewed.
CURRENT AVAILABLE POSITIONS:
SEASONAL/TEMP POSITIONS (Lifeguards, Water Safety Instructors, Pool Cashiers, Camp Counselors, Head Counselors, Boating Instructors, Maintenance Aides) Click on the following link for detailed job descriptions.
When applying online for any of the seasonal/temp positions (instructions below) please send application to mailbox: HRMail3@cityofmentor.com. Reference the position title in the subject line of your email. Applications are also available in the Human Resource Office, Mentor Municipal Center, 3rd Floor, 8500 Civic Center Blvd., Mentor, OH 44060. EOE/ADA
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION POLICY AND PROCEDURES:
- Applications for Employment will be accepted only when there is an open position.
- Unsolicited applications/resumes will not be kept on file.
- A separate application is required when applying for more than one position.
- Reference the position title you are applying for in the “Subject” line of your email.
- Applications for current open positions will not be reviewed until after the closing deadline. At that time, the status of the hiring process will be posted on this page.
- Part-time Firefighter applications are accepted year-round and can be submitted online at HR@cityofmentor.com.
TO SUBMIT APPLICATION ONLINE:
Save Part A and Part B to your computer’s hard drive. You may then electronically submit the completed application to the mailbox referenced at the end of the job description prior to the deadline indicated. Application forms are also available in the Human Resources office.
If you choose to submit an application in person or by mail, simply print and complete the PDF version, and mail* or deliver to:Human Resources Office Mentor Municipal Center, 3rd Floor 8500 Civic Center Boulevard Mentor, Ohio 44060
*Applications mailed must be postmarked no later than application deadline date.
The City of Mentor is an equal opportunity employer.