7967 Mentor Avenue, Mentor, OH 44060 (Map)
This 65-acre park is located right in the heart of Mentor. As one of our largest parks, Garfield Park includes an outdoor pool with drop water slide (summer only) , an All People’s Playground, baseball/softball diamonds, basketball court, picnic pavilion, five-acre fishing pond, soccer fields, lighted tennis courts, barrier-free restrooms and wildlife area.
The Garfield Recreation Building is a multi-level facility with an area available for rental. The First Floor Lounge is a cozy, barrier free area that can accommodate groups up to 50 people (The 2nd floor Ballroom is no longer available for rent and is used strictly for city purposes).
For questions on how to reserve the facility, please call (440) 974-5720. Rental contracts must be done in-person at the Parks, Recreation & Public Facilities Department, weekdays, 8 AM-5 PM.
Please Note: There is a 4 hour minimum rental required.
|Garfield Recreation Building Rates||Resident||Nonresident|
|First Floor Lounge (per hour)||$25||$30|
In addition to the rental rates:
- All rentals have a $200.00 security deposit due at time of signing contract.
- Full rental fee will also be paid at time of signing contract. All activities, set-up, take down, deliveries & clean-up must be performed in the rental period.
- IF serving alcohol, additional charges are incurred by renter and again these payments are due at time of signing contract:
- Must pay a $35.00 alcohol permit.
- Security deposit increases to $500.00.
- Renter must hire an off-duty police officer if alcohol is served. The renter schedules the police officer 4 – 6 weeks in advance to rental date. The officer is paid in cash at the beginning of the rental on day of function. The fee is $35.00 per hour. The police officer is required to be at the function for the entire rental period and is the last person to leave the facility.