7967 Mentor Avenue, Mentor, OH 44060 (Map)
This 65-acre park is located right in the heart of Mentor. As one of our largest parks, Garfield Park includes an outdoor pool with drop water slide (summer only) , an All People’s Playground, baseball/softball diamonds, basketball court, picnic pavilion, five-acre fishing pond, soccer fields, lighted tennis courts, barrier-free restrooms and wildlife area.
The Garfield Recreation Building is a multi-level facility with an area available for rental. The First Floor Lounge is a cozy, barrier free area that can accommodate groups up to 50 people (The 2nd floor Ballroom is no longer available for rent and is used strictly for city purposes).
For questions on how to reserve the facility, please call (440) 974-5720. Rental contracts must be done in-person at the Parks, Recreation & Public Facilities Department, weekdays, 8 AM-5PM.
|Garfield Recreation Building Rates||Resident||Nonresident|
|First Floor Lounge|
|Friday evening, Saturday & Sunday||$95||$120|
In addition to the rental rates:
- All rentals have a $200.00 security deposit due at time of signing contract.
- Full rental fee will also be paid at time of signing contract. Base rental fee is for a six (6) hour period. All activities, set-up, take down, deliveries & clean-up must be performed in this 6 hour period OR more time may be purchased at a prorated hourly basis.
- IF serving alcohol, additional charges are incurred by renter and again these payments are due at time of signing contract:
- Must pay a $35.00 alcohol permit.
- Security deposit increases to $500.00.
- Renter must hire an off-duty police officer for each 200 guests attending. The renter schedules the police officer 4 – 6 weeks in advance to rental date. The officer is paid in cash at the beginning of the rental on day of function. The fee is $35.00 per hour. The police officer is required to be at the function for the entire six hours (or longer if more time is purchased) and is the last person to leave the facility.