The City of Mentor employs over 500 individuals in full and part-time positions. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees. EOE/ADA
CURRENT AVAILABLE POSITIONS
GREENS KEEPER / PART-TIME
The City of Mentor is seeking an individual to work as a part-time Greens Keeper at Black Brook Golf Course. Responsible for general maintenance at the golf course and practice center. Must be able to work early morning hours, approximately 35 hours per week from mid-March to mid-November. Duties include mowing with precision turf grass equipment and general maintenance. Previous golf course or landscape maintenance experience preferred. Hourly Pay Rate: $9.74. Employment applications for this position may be submitted online – see instructions to the right of this ad and send to HRMail1@cityofmentor.com. Or submit applications by mail to the Human Resource Office at the Mentor Municipal Center, 3rd Floor, 8500 Civic Center Blvd., Mentor, Ohio 44060. EOE/ADA
Position open until filled.
The City of Mentor Fire Department is accepting applications for the position of part-time firefighter/EMT. Must be a US Citizen or be eligible to legally work in the US, at least 18 years of age, have a valid Ohio Drivers License and High School Diploma or GED. Minimum qualifications include the completion of Ohio Firefighter I and EMT Basic training. Firefighter II, Paramedic training along with some experience is preferred. Applicants must successfully complete all hiring requirements. Starting rate of pay: $16.85/hr. Other compensation incentives are available. Employment applications may be submitted to HRMail1@cityofmentor.com. EOE/ADA
Applications for this position are accepted at all times.
HIRING STATUS OF RECENTLY POSTED POSITIONS
Last Update: 12/15/2017 5:00 pm
- RECREATION SUPERINTENDENT / FT – Applications are being reviewed
- ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT-FINANCE / FT – Position has been filled
- NATURAL RESOURCES ASSISTANT – Positions have been filled
- OFFICE ASSISTANT-ENG / FT – Interviews have been conducted
- PLANNING ADMINISTRATOR / FT – Position has been filled
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION POLICY AND PROCEDURES
- Applications for employment are accepted for positions currently advertised
- A separate application is required when applying for more than one position
- In the “Subject” line of your email, please include your last name, first name and the position (Smith, Mary – Lifeguard)
TO SUBMIT APPLICATION ONLINE
- Application Part A (Required, please use this application for full time/part time positions only)
- Application Part B (Optional)
- Application – Seasonal/Temporary Position Employment
Save Part A and Part B (or if applicable the Seasonal/Temporary Position application) to your computer’s hard drive. Once you complete and save the application go back to the job position and click the designated mailbox referenced. Attach your completed City of Mentor application (required for all positions) and any other attachments you wish to submit. Please note: Only files with the following extensions are allowed: PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, JPG.
Application forms are also available in the Human Resource Office, 8500 Civic Center Blvd., 3rd Floor, Mentor, OH 44060.
If you choose to submit an application in person or by mail, simply print and complete the PDF VERSION, and mail or deliver to:
Human Resource Office
Mentor Municipal Center, 3rd Floor
8500 Civic Center Boulevard
Mentor, Ohio 44060
*Applications mailed must be postmarked no later than application deadline date.
The City of Mentor is an equal opportunity employer.