Looking for a quick day-trip this summer, consider Mentor! Located just 20 minutes northeast of Cleveland, Mentor is a great place to spend the day.
- The Mentor Marsh State Nature Preserve is a 646 acre preserve featuring over 4 miles of trails and a Nature Center.
- The adjoining Mentor Lagoons Marina & Nature Preserve features over 450 acres of land and 3 miles of trails. Dock your boat, rent a kayak, walk the trails, or just hang out on our natural wild beach.
- At over a mile long, Headlands Beach State Park is Ohio’s longest natural sand beach. Major events include Headlands BeachFest and the Mentor Offshore Grand Prix.
- The James A Garfield National Historic Site is home to the 20th President of the United States. It includes what is widely regarded as the first presidential library and was the location of the first “front porch” campaign.
- Enjoy a round at Black Brook Golf Course or upgrade your game at the practice center. Established in 1927, this beautiful course was designed by Bertie Way – who also designed the famous South Course at Firestone.
- There’s no better way to cool off than at the Mentor Ice Arena which offers year-round open skates. You can take a dip right next door at Civic Center Waterpark which features a heated Olympic-size pool, diving boards, water slide, sprayground and more.
- Mentor is a Shopping and Dining destination in Northeast Ohio with over 300 retailers and 170 eateries including entertainment complexes Roll House and Round 1.
- Mentor Rocks every Tuesday night from June 12 through August 21st at the state-of-the-art Mentor Civic Amphitheater. Enjoy live music, food trucks, beers & wines. Free admission and parking.
- Nearly seventy city-sponsored events are planned throughout the year so there is always something to see or do in Mentor. Check out the Calendar page for a complete listing.
Make it an overnighter! Stay at a Mentor hotel and visit nearby Holden Arboretum, catch a Lake County Captains game, visit the historic Kirtland Temple, explore Lake MetroParks, and experience the charm of Fairport Harbor and Downtown Willoughby.