Whether you’re looking for your first home or your next home, it’s easy to see why Mentor is one of the best places to call home in Northeast Ohio.
- Affordable & Stable Housing Market Whether you’re looking for your first apartment or your home-for-the-holidays home, Mentor offers a wide variety of affordable housing options. Fixer-uppers typically start in the $60Ks with a peak market value of $500K. Median home values are an eye popping $179,393.
- Great Job Market Mentor is home to over 1,700 businesses including world leaders like STERIS, Avery Dennison, Cardinal Commerce and Wiseco Piston. Plus, it’s only a short drive to Progressive Insurance, Eaton Corp, Sherwin Williams and other Fortune 100 companies.
- Top Rated Schools Mentor Schools consistently earn the highest ratings from the Ohio Department of Education. The district operates eight elementary schools, three middle schools, one high school and one state-of-the-art specialized school for students with autism.
- Livability Mentor is a well planned community with a balance between green space and development. Mentor also boasts one of the lowest crime rates in the Cleveland area.
- Low Taxes At 2%, the municipal income tax rate is among the lowest among Ohio cities.
- Exceptional Shopping & Dining Mentor is a shopping and dining mecca with over 325 retailers and 170 eateries. If it’s worth buying, you’ll find it here. Download the Mentor Visitor’s Guide!
- Parks, Pools, Facilities & Trails Mentor features over a dozen parks, three swimming pools, an Ice Arena, community center, senior center, golf course and a network of bike lanes & multi-use paths. The 450 acre Mentor Lagoons Nature Preserve and Marina offers a unique natural lakefront experience.
- Recreation Programs Mentor Recreation offers programs for residents of all ages. Over 300 programs are offered through the course of the year at a number of city parks and facilities.
- We Know How To Have a Great Time Mentor hosts a number of great eventsincluding Headlands BeachFest, Mentor CityFest, Mentor Rocks, Mentor Cruise-In, Mentor On-Tap, the Mentor Headlands Super Boat Grand Prix, the Mentor Farmers Market and more!
- Responsive City Services Mentor Police and Fire professionals are highly trained, well equipped and well regarded. The city pays heed to offering superior city services including subsidized trash and recycling programs and more.
- Great Location Mentor is at the heart of Lake County which means that you get the best of the city and the country. Picturesque wineries and downtown vibe are each only 30 minutes away. But there’s no reason to leave with all of the great leisure activities the city has to offer.
Contact the City of Mentor at (440) 974-5794 or email email@example.com for a FREE New Resident Packet and discover why Mentor is a great place to call home.
- Share the Interactive PDF