7250 Jackson Street, Mentor, OH 44060 (Map)
Built originally as Mentor Christian Church in 1856, the building was moved to its current location and served for a number of years as Mentor Township Hall.
Former Mentor resident and U.S. President James A. Garfield – the only U.S. President to also be an ordained minister, used to attend and occasionally preach here.
This renovated historic building features an air-conditioned hall with a warming kitchen. It accommodates up to 100 people for parties, showers, weddings and more.
For questions on how to reserve, please call (440) 974-5720. Rental contracts must be done in-person at the Parks, Recreation & Public Lands Department, weekdays, 8AM – 5PM.
Please Note: There is a 4 hour minimum rental required.
|Old Council Hall Rates||Resident||Nonresident|
In addition to the rental rates:
All rentals have a $200.00 security deposit due at time of signing contract.
Full rental fee will also be paid at time of signing contract. Base rental fee is for a six (6) hour period. All activities, set-up, take down, deliveries & clean-up must be performed in this 6 hour period OR more time may be purchased at a prorated hourly basis.
IF serving alcohol, additional charges are incurred by renter and again these payments are due at time of signing contract:
Must pay a $35.00 alcohol permit.
Security deposit increases to $500.00.
Renter must hire an off-duty police officer for each 200 guests attending. The renter schedules the police officer 4 – 6 weeks in advance to rental date. The officer is paid in cash at the beginning of the rental. The fee is $35.00 per hour. The police officer is required to be at the function for the entire six hours (or longer if more time is purchased) and is the last person to leave the facility.