You probably know that the City of Mentor is one of Northeast Ohio’s leading shopping and dining destinations with over 300 retailers and 170 eateries. But you may not know about all the secret finds our town has to offer.
Everyone has that one person on their list that is impossible to shop for, right? Here are some great unique gifts you can find right here in Mentor.
- Stella’s Art Gallery in Mentor’s historic Matchworks building offers fanciful art by dozens of local artists working in a wide variety of mediums. You’re sure to find something unique and display-worthy for the art-lover in your life.
- Some like it hot! Chili’s Fire Pit offers over 900 hot sauces and rubs to satisfy your favorite epicure. Award winning sauces start at under $10. Or, you can purchase Caldera – the HOTTEST sauce on the planet – for a cool $3,500.
- History buffs can find presidential books, busts and replica items at the James A. Garfield National Historic Site. The Mentor Barnes and Noble also carries a great selection of books outlining the history of Mentor and Lake County.
- LumTec watches are “Made in Mentor” and coveted by collectors around the world because of their style and quality.
- Nothing is cooler than an electric kazoo ($17.99) or a new ukulele ($40-$200) from Arrowhead Music which also offers a full line of instruments and lessons too!
- Help them get their geek game on! The Great Lakes Game Emporium offers a wide selection of Magic the Gathering products as well as other card and board games.
- Comics and Friends offers an incredible selection of classic and contemporary comics, graphic novels, action figures, t-shirts, manga, and more!
- The Record Den has over 10,000 albums in stock ranging from Yo-Yo Ma to Motorhead. This vinyl nirvana also sells t-shirts, posters and other memorabilia.
- Satisfy their sweet tooth at All City Candy where you’ll find gift baskets, collectibles, bulk candies, hard-to-find sweets, and old school favorites right here.
- Have a cycler in your life? Cycle Sports & Fitness can help you pick the bike or accessory that’s right for them.
- Hand-crafted jewelry is as personal a gift as it gets. Flux Metal Arts offers a great selection of affordable pieces made by local artisans. Jewelry making classes and workshops available.
- Make your own beer or wine with the help of Brew Mentor. They offer everything you need…including guidance! Kits start at $55.
- Experience the Cuban Missile Crises, ride the Budapest Express, Find the Antidote or Crack the Code at one of Escapology’s new escape rooms. They’ll find clues, solve puzzles, and pick locks to find their way out.
- Red, Wine & Brew and World Wines offer a terrific selection of beers and wines from around the world.
- Authentic quality oriental rugs in a variety of styles can be had online or by appointment at Knot by Knot. Prices range from $250 to over $43,000+
- Give the gift of love and companionship to your new BFF (best furry friend) from the Lake Humane Society.
- Know someone who is crazy about crepes? Kickstart their creperie at Alamarra.
- Art enthusiasts will always find something to love at Gallery One. Peruse thousands of pieces including favorites by Thomas Kinkade, Robert Bateman and Dean Morrisey and more. Prices range from $25 to $35,000+.
For a complete listing of what you can find in Mentor, download a FREE copy of the City of Mentor Visitor’s Guide.