The Public Education division of the Mentor Fire Department assists the general public with training and safety information. A variety of courses are available for large and small groups for free or a small fee.
Seconds are crucial when a fire starts. The following courses will give you an understanding of how to prepare for a fire emergency whether at home or at work.
- Fire Extinguisher Hands on Training
- Live Fire (50-minute course) FREE
- Training Simulator (50-minute course) FREE
- Emergency Evacuation Planning (50-minute course) FREE
- Home Safety Survey (varies) FREE
- Wildlands (50-minute course) FREE
LIFE SAVING SKILLS
Medical emergencies can happen without warning. The following courses can provide you with the knowledge and skills to help save a life.
- 911 Dispatch / Hands Only CPR / AED Awareness (50-minute course) FREE
- American Heart Association Heart Saver CPR (3.5-hour course) $35/resident $45/non-resident
- American Heart Association Heart Saver First Aid (8.5-hour course) $50/resident $60/non-resident
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (4.5-hour course) $35/resident $45/non-resident
WATER SAFETY AWARENESS
Most water-related accidents can be avoided through awareness and following a few simple guidelines:
- Ice Safety Awareness (1.5-hour course) FREE
- Coastal Water Awareness (1.5-hour course) FREE
Contact Jerry Craddock, Mentor Fire Public Education Specialist at (440) 974-5768 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to schedule a course for your group. Learn more at www.cityofmentor.com/fire.