The Mentor Police Department Surveillance Camera Registration and Mapping (S.C.R.A.M.) Program provides an opportunity for residents and business owners to help officers solve local crimes. Video evidence, captured by private surveillance systems, can help officers develop leads and conclude investigations.
By registering, you’ll be added to a secured GIS database which will allow Mentor Police to see camera locations on a map near crime. Registration of your video surveillance system DOES NOT grant the Mentor Police Department, or its agents, access to your system. It simply lets law enforcement know the location of these systems in Mentor.
- Participation is voluntary.
- Registration information will be used by the Mentor Police Department only for official purposes.
- The Mentor Police Department will not have direct access to any surveillance cameras registered in this program.
- Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Mentor Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Under no circumstances should registrants construe they are acting as an agent or employee of the City of Mentor or the Mentor Police Department.
- If you wish to withdraw from the program, contact the Mentor Police Department.
Have questions? Contact the Mentor Police Department at (440) 974-5760 or firstname.lastname@example.org.