The popular Mentor Rocks summer concert series will begin on Tuesday, June 30th at the Mentor Civic Amphitheater, located at 8600 Munson Road. Concerts will be held each Tuesday from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM through August 25th.
Mentor Rocks is an all-ages event which promotes a festival-like atmosphere each week. In addition to great music, attendees can enjoy a great selection of food from area vendors as well as an assortment of beers and wines. Lawn seating, so bring your own blankets or chairs. Admission and parking are free of charge.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the first four concerts of the 2020 Mentor Rocks were canceled and will not be rescheduled. The amended schedule is as follows, but is subject to change:
- June 30 TBD
- July 7 Straight On (Heart Tribute)
- July 14 TBD
- July 21 Tricky Dick & the Cover-Ups (Dance/Party Music)
- July 28 Kick (INXS Tribute)
- August 4 Ultimate Aldean (Jason Aldean Tribute)
- August 11 Uptown Funk (Bruno Mars Tribute)
- August 18 The Ten Band (Pearl Jam Tribute)
- August 25 ESCAPE (Journey Tribute)
So that Mentor Rocks can be safely enjoyed by everyone, social distancing among non-household members and other health and safety protocols will be practiced on the Amphitheater grounds. The following guidelines will be observed:
- If you are sick, or experiencing symptoms that may be related to coronavirus, please do not attend.
- Amphitheater grounds will be fenced off and attendance will be STRICTLY limited to 4,000 persons at all times.
- Attendees will be responsible for maintaining a social distance of no less than six feet from those not in their immediate household while on amphitheater grounds.
- One-way entrances and exits will be established.
- No standing or congregating of any kind in front of the stage/railing area will be permitted.
- Walking paths will be marked through amphitheater grounds.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be present and available for use by all attendees.
- All restrooms will be sanitized immediately prior to the start of each event.
- Amphitheater grounds will open at 5:00 PM. No early drop-off/setup of chairs will be permitted as entry is not guaranteed. Personal items which are placed on the field before 5:00 PM will be removed and placed outside of the fence perimeter. The City of Mentor is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced items.
- No tents, shelters of any kind, or umbrellas larger than personal size will be permitted.
- The food truck area will be expanded to reduce congestion, and social distancing in line is required.
These events are being conducted in accordance with procedures and protocol reviewed and approved by the Lake County General Health District and are subject to change. We encourage all attendees to observe these rules so that the program may continue uninterrupted throughout the remainder of the season. The Mentor Civic Center Complex is a public space. It is up to the individual to determine his or her level of comfort and acceptable risk when entering the grounds. If you are concerned about public gatherings, do not attend.
Additional rules and information may be posted as they become available. Learn more at www.mentorrocks.info.